Partnership Director, The Bee & Butterfly Habitat Fund
- Texas Tech University, M.S. Wildlife Science, 1989 University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, B.S. Wildlife, 1985
- Currently providing consulting services for wildlife and pollinator habitat needs through Conservation Blueprint, LLC. and serving as the Partnership Director for The Bee & Butterfly Habitat Fund.
- Employed with Pheasants Forever, Inc. from 1991 to 2017 as:
* Director of Habitat Partnerships from 2013 to 2017.
* Senior Field Coordinator from 2006 to 2013
* Director of Conservation Programs from 2000 to 2005
* Regional Wildlife Biologist from 1991 to 1999
- Additional work experience includes employment with:
* Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources – 1984-1985; 1990
* Texas Parks & Wildlife Department – 1988-1989
* Wisconsin Conservation Corps - 1987
* U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service in North Dakota - 1986 U.S. Forest Service in Michigan - 1983
Select Background Information:
- Board or Steering Committee member on the Honey Bee Health Coalition, Monarch Joint Venture, Monarch Collaborative, Boundless Impact Investing and the InSPIRE 2.0: Innovative Site preparation and Impact Reductions on the Environment committee
- Field Reporter for the publication 2 Million Blossoms.
- Recipient of the 2014 ‘Hoopingarner Award’ presented by the American Beekeeping
September 13, 2021
Today, we pick up on the third installment of our exploration of the Honey Bee Health Coalition’s programs as we talk with Pete Berthelsen. Pete runs the Bee and Butterfly Habitat Fund, a non-profit organization working to improve the habitat for...